1.Draw the inside of your closet
2.Draw the contents of your desk drawer
3.Draw the contents of your refrigerator
4.Draw the contents of your garage
5.Before the dishes are washed, draw them
6.Choose a subject, topic, and area of interest - Think of as many facets of the subject as possible. What are all the pieces and parts that make this interesting to you and draw them.
7.Draw a pile of laundry waiting to get washed
8.Draw a pile of bicycles on the sidewalk
9.Draw the guests at a dinner party
10. Draw yourself in a mirror
11. Draw your brother/sister/friend practicing his/her instrument
12. Draw your hand in multiple positions
13. Draw your hand holding a variety of objects
14. Draw your hand spelling out each single letter of a word in sign language
15. Draw your pet( ex. bird, cat, dog, ﬁsh, snake)
16. Draw what is in the rear-view mirror of your car
17. Draw a beautiful landscape-you may find one in a book or online
18. Draw an aerial view of your backyard
19. Draw a landscape in a bird eye view
20. Draw a pen/pencil and have and image coming out of in on to the page
21. Pick a flower or part of a plant and draw it from direct observation
22. Draw a grouping of three objects (still life), draw them how you see them, not individually (ex. apple, pear, banana)
23. Draw a piece of cake and make it look delicious
24. Draw one large popcorn kernel; draw a bag of popcorn with pop splitting out
25. Draw your favorite CD cover,
26. Create a new cover for your favorite CD
27. Draw the cover of your favorite video game
28. Create a new cover for your favorite video game
29. Draw an object when looking through a tube (microscope)
30. Look through a kaleidoscope and draw what your see, or make up your own design
31. Draw an object seen through glass (how does the glass make a difference)
32. Draw something ﬂoating or something that floats
33. Draw a dark object in a light environment
34. Draw the contents of a light room when sitting in a dark room
35. Draw a room/hallway in one point perspective
36. Lie on the ﬂoor/ground and draw what you see
37. Draw a crowd (ex. Lunch room, a footfall game)
38. Draw an object that is lit by a light source (ex. Candle, lamp, flashlight)
39. Draw a picture of someone at work.
40. Draw a person by the light cast by the TV or computer screen
41. Draw a scoop of ice cream in a bowl
42. Make a drawing that says something about the environment
43. Look out your bedroom window, draw what you see
44. Create a collage. Look through magazines and cut out pictures and words that best describe you. Then glue the pictures and words down to your sketchbook page. Overlap the images and make sure to leave no white areas.
45. Change the size relationship (scale) of two things and draw them next to each other (ex.. a large bug the same size as a building)
46. Draw a portrait of your best friend
47. Draw a self portrait of you
48. Make a portrait of yourself as you see yourself in twenty years
49. Draw a family portrait
50. Draw an object by drawing only the negative space. Negative space is the area around the object, also known as the background.
51. Cut out a photo/image into small pieces, rearrange the photo in some other order, draw it
52. Draw a table and chair
53. Illustrate your favorite poem
54. Drawing of a house plant (real or artificial)
55. Draw an object with a surface texture
56. Draw tools used in certain professions (ex. Paint brush, pencil, sketchbook)
57. Draw a grouping of leaves
58. Draw something you might find in a department store display
59. Draw a large jar and fill it up with something (candy, toys, rocks, etc)
60. Pick a holiday and draw a scene for it
61. Draw your favorite snack food- you make draw it large than life
62. Draw a food item, them eat half of it, and then draw it
63. Draw an object melting
64. Draw a bowl of fruit and shade it
65. Draw a tennis shoe or boat in full detail
66. Draw a meaningful object from home
67. Draw a mechanical object
68. Draw the word as the shape of the object: Such as, the word apple in the shape of an apple, or apples spelling out the word.
69. Draw a pen/pencil with images and words coming out of it on to your page
70. Draw important people in your life
71. Draw what you would see if you looked through a key hole
72. Draw your version of a Warrior. It can be only the head or a full figure in action
73. Draw your favorite animal
74. Create an imaginary animal by using the head of one animal, the body of a second animal, and the legs of a third animal. (you may use any animal, bug, or reptile)
75. Draw something in a camouflage setting (ex. A bug on a leaf, a lizard on a rock, you in your room.)
76. Cut a picture into small pieces, rearrange the picture in a different order, and then draw it.
77. Draw an invention you would like to create
78. Find a magazine image, cut it in half, glue half the image down to the sketchbook page, and redraw the missing half.
79. Expressive line drawing-Using a pencil, try to make as many different types of lines as possible, repeating each type of line several times. Try all types of line: wavy, curly, jagged, dashes, thick, thin, etc. Fill up the entire page with as many lines as you can.
80. Find a photo of yourself and draw your self-portrait
81. Draw a vase and a beautiful flower arrangement in it
82. Draw your idea of paradise
83. If animals could draw, what would their artwork look like? Draw it.
84. Draw a necktie and design an interesting pattern on it
85. Draw a medal for yourself. It must be designed for the thing that you do best
86. Research a Famous artist and recreate one of their artworks
87. Draw a city on another planet
88. Draw an alien spaceship landing at our school.
89. You are a toy designer; draw your new toy
90. Draw a scene from your early childhood
91. Draw a crowded elevator on Halloween
92. Draw your greatest fear
93. Draw a poster to advertise your favorite movie
94. Draw your view from an airplane window
95. Draw what you think a garden would like from the view of an insect
96. Draw a sandcastle you would build
97. Draw a view under a magnifying glass (include the magnifying glass)
98. Draw a boat you would like to travel in around the world
99. Design your own treasure map
100. Design a house that you would like to live in
101. Write a large number in the middle of the page. Turn it into a person/animal.
102. Draw a picture. Cut your picture into squares. Glue the squares in a new design.
103. Illustrate a famous saying/quotation
104. Create your own storyboard/ comic strip.
105. Draw your favorite cartoon character with background.
106. Create a new cover for the book you are now reading
107. Think of a funny joke and draw it (ex. Why did the chicken cross the road)
108. FANTASY DRAWING – Create a fantasy building, creature, or landscape.
109. Fill the page with a variety of lettering styles (ex. Bubble letters) . Be creative! Find a poem – a favorite song - a list of favorite sayings –
110. Illustrate a two-word phrase using drawings of objects related to its meaning.
This is not my list, I found this from another art teacher.